Students in middle and high school, are you interested in doing community service at the library? Volunteens is our monthly program for volunteers. We meet one Saturday per month in the Teen Room to tackle all sorts of tasks, from cleaning and organizing, to office work and program planning.
Space is limited, so you must register in advance. Call or email Lisa (203-899-2780 x15136 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you're registered, you can drop in anytime between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. Most kids stay for 2 hours.
Our spring/summer schedule:
- February 17
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
- June 16
- July 21
We have a review blog that needs more book reviews. If you write us a review, that counts as community service.
One review = two hours of community service.
- Reviews should be about books that are interesting to kids in middle school and high school.
- The books can be fiction, nonfiction, or graphic novels.
- The books can be old or new.
- The reviews should be 100-250 words long.
- If you're not sure how to write a review, take a look at Amazon or Good Reads. Tell us a little bit about the book (mystery, realistic, humor, superhero, etc), what's good about it, and why other kids might like it.
- This is not a homework assignment, but do your best with spelling and grammar. We'll fix anything that needs fixing.
- Once it's finished and you're happy with it, email it to Lisa at email@example.com.