Neighborhood Library Exchange
Fill out this form to volunteer or create a Library Exchange location of your own!
Discover a wonderful new read at your Neighborhood Library Exchange! All around Norwalk these special boxes contain free books for children to adults. Anyone can take home a book to enjoy (and sometimes donate a book for another friend to find as well). Happy Reading!
Please note: Due to Covid-19 some of these library exchanges are currently on hold. A handful of these exchanges are designated children’s books only and/or are unable to accept donations. You may always leave a note inside an exchange for its owner if unsure. Thank you!
** = Children's books only
Neighborhood Library Exchange Locations:
- 3rd Taxing District Electrical Department (lobby). 2 Second Street
- America’s Laundry (inside). 66 Cedar Street**
- Carver Community Center. 7 Academy Street
- First Congregational Church on the Green. 3 Lewis Street
- Main Street Laundromat (inside). 171 Main Street**
- Mike’s Deli (within parking lot). 194 East Avenue
- Norwalk Health Department (within the parking lot near office entrance). 137 East Avenue**
- Open Doors Smilow Life Center. 55 Chestnut Street
- Residential: 50 Soundview Avenue
- Residential: 11 Lancaster Drive. Dog Hook available
- Residential: 40 Clinton Avenue**
- Residential: 44 Maher Drive
- Residential: 14 Hadik Parkway
- St. Philip Church (within the parking lot near the Carousel Preschool entrance). 1 Father Conlon Place**
- The Laundry Basket. 15 Cross Street**
- The Children's Playhouse: 112 Bouton Street**
- Primo's Barbershop: 34 Wall Street (inside)**
- Norwalk High School at the corner of County & Strawberry Hill
- Roodner Court Learning Center: 261 Ely Avenue
If you notice any changes must be made to this list, or if you have any questions about the Neighborhood Library Exchange, you may contact us at YouthServices@norwalkpl.org.