Place A Hold
To electronically place a hold on an item that is out...
(To place a hold on an ebook, e-audiobook, etc., login to the appropriate digital service)
1.Find the item (book, dvd, audio, etc.) in the online catalog.
2. When the item is on the screen click on at the top of the screen.
3. Type in your name and library barcode number in the appropriate spaces, choose the pick-up location and click on the submit button.
Your reserve for the selected item has now been sent to the library and you will be notified when it will be available for pick up.
There is a maximum of 30 holds per account. DVD's will be held for 2 days, books will be held for 7 days.
A maximum of 4 'on hold' items per day will be pulled by the library staff from the open shelves per customer account (library card) when items are listed as 'on shelf'.
You now have the ability to place outstanding reserves "On Ice". This allows you to go on vacation and remain in the hold queue. For example, if you are going on vacation for a week or two and you have a hold on some items that may activate while you are away, simply "Freeze" them before you leave and they will automatically go to the next person in the queue. When you return from vacation and "Unfreeze" the items, you will resume your place in the queue.
To Put Reserves on Ice....
When you return from vacation, repeat the above steps, unchecking the items,
- Click on My Account at the right side of the catalog page or from the Norwalk Public Library webpage.
- Enter your name and full barcode number and press submit.
- Scroll down and find the FREEZE column on the right.
- Click on the box next to the items you wish to freeze.
- Click on the button UPDATE LIST.
and again press UPDATE LIST.
You will now be back in the active queue without losing your item hold.
If you have a problem please call the circulation department 203-203-899-2780 X 15100