Wednesdays, 7 - 8 pm. Teen Room. Students in grades 8 - 11. The CAFE Club is an open-minded discussion group where we talk about social justice issues, cultures from around the world, and other trending topics from mental health to income inequality to racism and more. We'll share documentaries, TED talks, funny videos, and other media relevant to each week's topic. In this environment, everyone has a voice, and no matter what your opinion, you have the right to share it. If you have something you'd like to say, CAFE Club is the place to say it. CAFE Club is moderated by Sushmita Narayan and hosted by the Norwalk Public Library. P.S. Refreshments will be served!
- Sept. 5 - Government 101: Does Our System Work?
- Sept. 12 - Immigration: To Build a Wall
- Sept. 19 - Elections: Does Your Vote Even Matter?
- Sept. 26 - Racism: "Not to be racist, but..."
- Oct. 3 - Education: "Is our children?"
- Oct. 10 - Technology & Social Media: My Strange Addiction
- Oct. 17 - Mass Shootings: Is Mental Illness a Valid Defense?
- Oct. 24 - World Culture: Why Should Americans Care?